Rara Lake Trekking
Rara Lake Trekking in addition, trek in the out most Himalayan region through uneven with painstaking route, Skyline Treks seldom propels their endearment guests in the arena of clandestine trek as Rara Lake Trek, the extreme area occupied with deepest lake in the Nepal Himalayan. This immaculate lake is to be found in Jumla and Mugu district. The Rara Lake is the salient attribute of Rara National park and it has been proclaimed as Ramsar site in the year of September 2007.
The prominent Rara Lake has been covering 1,583ha ( 6.11sq mi ) comprising the encircling marshland. Above the sea level it is placed at the elevation of 2,990 m (9810 ft) and the maximum depth of the lake is 167m (548 ft).From Mugu Karnali River via Nijar River the Lake spillway.
Trek to Rara Lake is state of the art for our cherished clients due to its aesthetic enclosed, of Rara National park and its overwhelming flora and fauna. Nepal’s biggest and deepest lake ‘Rara lake’ was once expounded as ‘a sparkling blue jewel set in a ring of snowy peaks’ by Bill Greer, the founder of GORP. Rara is Nepal’s gigantic lake scattering at an area of 10.8 square kilometers per square, also falls under the territory of ‘Rara National Park’.
The lake is elegantly encircled with pine, spruce and Juniper forest. The park flora consists of, of 1074 species, of which 16 are endemic only in Nepal. The park is also dwelling to animals like the Gaur, Serow, Musk deer, Antelope, yellow-throated martin and a assortment of birds such as the Impeyan pheasant, Kalij ‘the jungle cock’ and dove. Rara Lake trekking is more than enough demanding as it exceeds through as the road to Rara Lake is still without any of the comfortable services available along more popular trails.
Logistically trek so as to approach Rara Lake is confronting trek; it is hard to get a hold to and from, and it is an organizational dare, entailing well-versed guides and porters to tote the two weeks’ worth of material that will keep you warm, dry and fed. It is also arduous on the bones, concerning numerous 11,000-foot passes. However, the trail is immensely “off the beaten path” as it passes through green countryside which endows with extraordinary glimpses of a culture and scenery quite different from that detect somewhere else in Nepal.
We at Skyline treks and expedition have been arranging amazing treks from the time of formation of the company in the direction of Rara Lake throughout September-October and April to May. We by the side of Skyline Treks look forward for your swift reply to us so that we could plan for your most awaited trek towards emeralds wear Rara Lake.
|Day 1||Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu.|
|Day 2||Full day (6 hrs) guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square.|
|Day 3||Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and check in Hotel (B)|
|Day 4||Flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m/7773ft)|
|Day 5||Trek to Danphe Lagna (3500m/11480ft), 4-5 hrs walk|
|Day 6||Trek Lagna to Chautha (2770m/9085ft), 5-6 hrs walk|
|Day 7||Trek to Dhotu (2380m/7806ft), 5-6 hrs walk|
|Day 8||Trek to Rara Lake (2980m/9774ft), 4-5 hrs walk|
|Day 9||Acclimatization day in Rara Lake|
|Day 10||Trek to Gorusingha (3190m/10463ft), 5-6 hrs walk|
|Day 11||Trek to Sinja (2440m/8003ft), 5-6 hrs walk|
|Day 12||Trek to Jaljala Chaur (3270m/10725ft), 6-7 hrs walk|
|Day 13||Trek to Jumla (2370m/7773ft), 5-6 hrs walk|
|Day 14||Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj|
|Day 15||Recreation & shopping day. Stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.|
|Day 16||Onward departure to your destination by our private vehicle.|
|Day 1||Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu. Welcome with bunch of flower assistance at the Airport and meet with our staff (One of our company staff will be waiting you at the Airport with display your name ".................." which is print on our company white board and pick up by our private car and than 20 minutes drive to the Hotel. After few minutes rest in hotel, Visit in our office and have hot/cold drinks (Tea/Coffee) waiting to serve and have join together, One of our staff will brief you regarding the trip and introduction with your trekking guide. O/N at hotel.|
|Day 2||Full day (6 hrs) guided sightseeing in Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight in Hotel. (B)|
|Day 3||Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and check in Hotel (B)|
|Day 4||Flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m/7773ft) and commence trek to Uthugaon (2530m/8298ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 5||Trek to Danphe Lagna (3500m/11480ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 6||Trek Lagna to Chautha (2770m/9085ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 7||Trek to Dhotu (2380m/7806ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 8||Trek to Rara Lake (2980m/9774ft), 4-5 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 9||Acclimatization day in Rara Lake (B, L, D)|
|Day 10||Trek to Gorusingha (3190m/10463ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 11||Trek to Sinja (2440m/8003ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 12||Trek to Jaljala Chaur (3270m/10725ft), 6-7 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 13||Trek to Jumla (2370m/7773ft), 5-6 hrs walk (B, L, D)|
|Day 14||Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj (B)|
|Day 15||Recreation & shopping day. Stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu. And rest of the time for shopping. Join us for the farewell dinner at Nepali typical restaurant in the evening at 07:00 PM with culture program. (B, D)|
|Day 16||Onward departure to your destination by our private vehicle. 3 hrs before you have to be airport (B)|
|Abbrebiations: B, L, D means : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner|
- Airport Pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Kathmandu/Nepalgunj hotel room on bed and Breakfast (B) basis
- Fluent English speaking license holder sightseeing tour guide
- Sightseeing tour guide fee
- Sightseeing entrance fee
- Domestic airfare from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Jumla and back to Kathmandu
- Rara National Park entry permits fees.
- Accommodation and 3 meals a day such as Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (B, L, D) while on the trek in tent camp
- All kitchen crew, tent mattress, cook, helper cook
- Fully escorted trek with an English speaking license holder local sherpa trekking guide and necessity porters.
- All program according to itinerary on full board.
- All land transfer as per above itinerary
- Skyline Company T-shirt
- Farewell dinner at Nepali typical restaurant with culture program
- Wage, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staff.
- Nepal tourist visa fee US$ 30, with multiple entries for 15 days, you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu. (it will be ready within few minutes) You will require each 2 passport size photos.
- Kathmandu/Nepalgunj hotel Lunch and Dinner (L, D)
- Personal Spending money and all kind of drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks) bar bill, Int'l Telephone bill, hot shower, batteries charge, laundry etc. Tips for guide, porter and driver. (Tipping is expected).
- Travel Insurance and medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Best Season: March to May & September to December is finest.
- Duration: 16 of days.
- Trekking Days: 10 days are adequate.
- Grade: Moderate.
- Rating: Moderate Himalayan region.
- Maximum Altitude: 2,980 meters of an elevation.
- Commences At: Jumla.
- Ends At: Jumla.
- Code: STE 39.